Sunday, March 20, 2016

[Macau] The Eight @ Grand Lisboa

The Eight @ Grand Lisboa was a Chinese restaurant I have been wanting to try for a long time.  Finally, I took my family there on New Year's Day.  Contrary to what my friend told me, reservation was surprising easy to secure.


Unlike most Chinese restaurant, the interior is quite dark but grand and delicate.  Service is as expected from a Michelin 2-star restaurant - very courteous.  I specifically went there for dim-sum so I didn't order any main from the menu.  So, to me, it wasn't outrageously expensive, especially for the level of culinary skills involved to create some of the dim-sum.  Taste-wise, there were some hits and misses but overall a very enjoyable experience.  Definitely will recommend for special occasions.




amuse bouche

really really like the combination of the abalone and the pomelo
refreshing and interesting all at the same time


even the XO sauce is very refined

the goldfish shrimp dumplings
too cute to eat!





Our favorite of the meal
porcupine BBQ pork bun
must-try item!



presentation is exquisite but unfortunately, the crab claw didn't have a lot of flavor.
we suspect frozen claws were used...
the steamed eggs were smooth and delicious





Cashew Nut Sweet Soup (腰果露)
Not seen very often at restaurants.
Very smooth and fragrant, very good. 


2/F, Grand Lisboa
Tel: +853 8803 7788
Hours: Lunch 11:30 am ~ 2:30 pm / Dinner 6:30 pm ~ 10:30 pm


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...