Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Tortilla de Patatas (Spanish Omelette)

Every so often, I like to try new recipes.  To decide what I want to make, I usually look at what I have in the fridge.  That night, I had eggs, onion, and potatoes.  Immediately, I thought about making Tortilla de Patatas (Spanish Omelette).

It was super easy and quick.  A perfect recipe for a simple dinner on a week night (and breakfast/lunch for the next day.  Here's how I made mine~

Ingredients:

4 eggs
1/2 purple onion
2 medium potatoes (golden yukon)

Directions:

1. Peel and sliced potatoes.  Fried them in olive oil in a pan until cooked (approx. 5 minutes, depends on how thick you sliced them).  Drain and set aside.


2. Slice the onion and fry them in the olive oil until soft (approx. 3 minutes).


3. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs.  Add 2-3 pinches of salt.


4. Fold the potatoes and onions into the egg.  (Next time, I am gonna add some sliced mushroom and/or bacon too!)


5. Heat pan and pour #4.  Make sure the mixture are evenly spread out in the pan.


6. Flip the omelette with the help of a lid.  Slide the back in the pan and cook the other side.  The trick here is to check and make sure the pan is hot so the eggs are thoroughly cooked on one side.


7. Once the other side of the omelette is done, remove from pan.  Let it rest a bit.


Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...