Wednesday, February 18, 2015

[Bangkok] Harrods Tearoom @ Siam Paragon

A relaxing afternoon tea is generally not on my list of "things to do" when I am traveling - whether for business or for pleasure.  However, since our plan to the Amphawa Floating Market was cancelled, we decided we have too much time to kill and went for tea at Harrods.  Originally, I wanted to support the local coffee shops but I can't find any where I am willing to spend our money. 

IMG_2409

Unlike Hong Kong, afternoon tea in Bangkok is actually very relaxing.  For instance, I don't have to queue.  There are also no crying babies/kids and customers talking in their outdoor voices here.  I went for their signature drop scones and the No. 18 Georgian Restaurant Blend.  My friend ordered their matcha and earl grey scones and tea (I forgot which one).

P1750270
P1750291
P1750274
P1750278
presentation is perfect!
It is made to order so it may take a while.
P1750280
The fruits are very fresh.
I can't really tell the difference between the scone batter from the regular pancake batter.
Yet, they seems to be fluffier.
IMG_2421
P1750283
If I have anything to complain is that our tea actually arrived much later than the scones.
We weren't even given a glass of water the entire time.
Servers needs to be more attentive!

In addition to the Siam Paragon location, there is also a Harrods Tearoom in the new Embassy Square.  This one seems to be larger in size and got more bears on display :)  Prices in general are more affordable when compared to Hong Kong. 

IMG_1988
IMG_1991
IMG_1989
IMG_1990

Initially, we really wanted to support local businesses but we walked all over Siam Square One and didn't see find anything particularly tempting... So, that's how we ended up here...
Harrods Tearoom @ Siam Paragon
G floor, Canal Zone, Siam Paragon, Bangkok, Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 2-683-9300
Hours: 10:00 am - 10:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...