Friday, November 7, 2014

Volt

I almost forgot all about this place until I was digging through my old photos last night!  Couldn't think of the name of the restaurant but I remember I enjoyed the food.  I only vaguely remembered something about Frederick and Maryland.  Luckily I found it on my Urbanspoon profile :) (Since I no longer lives in the states, I rarely update it... plus, I wasn't as active a blogger I was back then.)

The restaurant is very beautiful - both inside and out.  So it really left an impression in my mind.

Volt Restaurant in Frederick, MD
Photo courtesy of Webworld Technologies.
(Back in the day, I don't take pictures of the restaurant itself.
It's good enough if I took pictures of the food.
Now, of course I am at another level... haha...)
Photo courtesy of Volt Restaurant
(I grabbed it from their website...
hope it's ok...)

I was there with my co-worker on one of our business trips in March 2011 (I didn't remember the date, the time stamp on the photo did... LOL).  It's reservations only and it's a pre fixe.  Because it was so long ago, my memory of this meal is spotty.  (i.e. I have no ideas what each dish is called.)  What I do remember was I was sick, with a fever.  It's my first time ever to have to take a sick day when I was on the road.  I was too sick to go to work.  Yet, when my co-worker asked if we should cancel the reservation, I told him "No, we still got to eat."  We were glad we went.

P1060118
P1060119
P1060120
P1060123
P1060122
P1060124
P1060125
P1060126
P1060127
P1060128

I am not sure if they were Michelin starred but it's as good as any of them.  So you are in town and looking for a reasonable fine dining experience, this is what I would recommend.  Their Yelp review is still good, so I think they have lived up the expectation all these years!  Hopefully I will have a chance to return myself also.

Volt Restaurant
228 N Market St, Frederick, MD 21701
Tel: +1 (301) 696-8658
Hours: (Dinner) Tues - Sun 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm
(Table 21) Tues - Thurs 7 pm seating only; Fri - Sun 5:30 pm & 8:30 pm seating
(Brunch) Sat - Sun 11:30 am to 2:00 pm
(BAR & Patio) Tues - Fri  3:00 pm Sat & Sun 11:30 pm

Volt on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...