Saturday, July 19, 2014

Via Tokyo

One of the hottest desserts place in town serving Japanese soft serve.  Most locals who have a sweet tooth have most likely been here.  For those who haven't been yet, what are you waiting for?  (These places are the reasons why I have the itch to move to Hong Kong island sometimes...)

P1570809

What makes a soft serve Japanese?  Well, I can't think of a soft serve flavor that is more Japanese than matcha (抹茶) and houjicha (ほうじ茶)...and then they also sell warabi mochi (わらび餅)...

P1570810
P1570812
P1570813

The shop is tiny so the line for dine-in is generally long.  It's also better to come during the day as most people come after dinner and the soft serve may not be cold enough.  So far, I have only dined in once.  All other times I just got myself a soft serve to go.  The line was just tooooooooo looooooong.

P1570814
P1570817
Warabi Mochi
黃豆粉蕨餅
P1570819
Shiratama Azuki Macha Soft Cream
白玉紅豆抹茶雪糕

You only need to queue if you are planning to dine in.  Otherwise, just walk straight up to the counter and order your desserts.  I finally tried the matcha / houjicha twirl but I think I prefer the matcha / milk or the houjicha alone.  :P

IMG_5612

This section of Leighton Road is VERY DANGEROUS!  Why?  Well, there is Via Tokyo, next door is Waffills, and then you have 炊豕店, and finally you have Danish Bakery (丹麥餅店)... If there is bar hopping... you have eateries hopping here...  Just think of the calories you can possibly consume just on this one short strip...

I have yet to try 炊豕店 and Danish Bakery... I am usually too full... but I know I will hit all of them one of these days and complete my mission!  LOL!!!

IMG_5610
IMG_5611
Light and crispy
Love the caramel ice cream
Shop nos. 1A-1B, G/F., Leishun Court, 106-126 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay 
銅鑼灣禮頓道106-126號禮信大廈地下1A-1B號舖
Tel: +852 2895 1116
Hours: (Mon-Thu) 9:30 - 22:30; (Fri-Sat) 9:30-23:00; (Sun) 9:30 - 22:30

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...