Monday, July 7, 2014

Seorae (喜來稀肉)

This is one of my most frequented restaurants in the past 3 months.  I have to admit the food is good and service is decent.  You come out smelling like barbeque yourself every single time yet every one of my friends seemed to love it.  (Nevertheless, I would appreciate if I can take a break from Korean BBQ...)

P1580992
P1580993
Unlike the other Korean restaurants in Hong Kong,
Seorae is very roomy.  It really transports you to Korea!
P1580995
P1580999
P1590001
I don't believe there are many Korean BBQ restaurants
in Hong Kong that are using this type of grill.
P1590015
If fried chicken is to be enjoyed with cold beer,
Korean BBQ is to be enjoyed with jinro!
P1590013
The rice wine tastes sweeter with the grilled meat!
P1590039
The unending refill of the side dishes!
My friends love their kimchi but it was a little too spicy for me
P1590006
Thus, I love their bean sprouts more
P1590005
The onions are pickled too so they were slighty sweet and vinegary
Thumbs up!

Seorae's claim of fame is their 護心肉 (i.e., pork tendons between the diaphragm and liver).  It boasts to be the only place in town you could get it.  I enjoyed it a lot myself.  I like the texture (chewy) and flavor (slightly gamey) of the cut.  You just need to make sure you don't overcook it.

P1590012
I get this every single time
sometimes x2

The other special is their grilled eggs.  It's all-you-can-eat and it's delicious!  Again, just make sure you don't overcook them!  It is best when it is still slightly runny on the surface.)  It comes with or without kimchi.  My preference changes every time.  Generally, I like the original but lately I have been preferring the version with kimchi.  We jokingly said the restaurant is doing themselves injustice by serving the eggs free - since most customers would purposely save room and order less meat just to enjoy the delicious grilled eggs.

P1590019
P1590023
P1590024

The different kind of cuts my friends and I have been ordering during our different visits.  I prefer the thicker cuts just because the thinner cuts shivels and shrinks away once you put them on the grill.  Too bad they don't have galbi.  That's like my absolute favorite cut of meat at any Korean BBQ restaurant.

IMG_3826
I forgot what this is already...
IMG_3827
Beef Belly

More flavorful than the pork belly if you ask me
IMG_3828
Beef Intestine

This a surprisingly one of our favorites.
It's so good when it's thoroughly grilled,
after all the fat has melted.
Chewy and flavorful!
P1590033
If you only saw the picture,
you probably think it tastes wonderful
Unfortunately, it shrunk too much once it is grilled.
P1590036
See what I mean about the thinner cuts?
I can't even taste the meat...
P1590040
In addition to the bibimbap,
we also tried the ramen and cold noodles (not pictured)

The bibimbap is average, the ramen was too spicy for me,
the cold noodles was good.

The reservation system still needs a lot of work.  I have not been able to get through their phone at all to make reservations.  I heard they only take walk-in reservations now.  Fortunately, my average wait time for my last 3 visits only averaged an hour.  I believe they have impose a 90-minute limit during peak hours and the lines are generally shorter after 10 pm.

P1590050

On my most recent visit, we had an incident where a man who was bleeding profusely came in the restaurant seeking help.  He seemed disoriented from all the bleeding.  After the police came and the commotion died down, the restaurant passed out a plate of free meat to every table to appease the customers for what transpired.  Clearly, it was not the restaurant's fault to have a bleeding man running in for help.  Yet, I am impressed at how the situation was handled.  /applause

IMG_3835
Free meat FTW!

Seorae has thus rise to my restaurant of choice when it comes to Korean BBQ and I hope they will keep up their good work. 

Seorae (喜來稀肉) 
G/F-1/F, Passkon Court, 79-81 Kimberley Road, Tsim Sha Tsui
尖沙咀金巴利道79-81號金栢閣1樓連地下
Tel: +852 2723 6692
Hours: (Mon-Sat) 17:00 - 04:00; (Sun) 17:00 - 00:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...