Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wildflour Cafe + Bakery

Aside from Brasas, Wildflour Cafe + Bakery was the only restaurant I returned for lunch.  If you were on the cronut train, you can get your fill here as well.  Otherwise, they have exceptional salads, soups, and sandwiches too!  Great place for lunch!

IMG_6423
IMG_6417
Ginger Latte

The ginger flavor was very mild and not very sweet.  I like.
IMG_6419
Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Tomato Soup, Caesar Salad

Good portion of everything!
IMG_6422
Tomato Bisque

Very creamy, you can taste the tomato.  Delicious!
IMG_6420
Caesar Salad

I prefer a little less dressing but good thing the dressing wasn't very thick! 
IMG_6421
Half would be just right.
I got too full and don't have any room left for any desserts... :(

Since I was too full my first visit and didn't get to try any of the desserts (and the cronut!) I vouched to return.  With desserts in mind, I only ordered a salad.  OMG the salad was huge!!!  I almost failed my desserts mission again but luckily I pushed through...
 
IMG_6475
Mushroom Salad

I saw another customer ordered this at my last visit and was just mesmerized by this salad since
IMG_6484
The Parmesan looked alarming at first but it was just right after tossing.

The mushroom was fresh, plump, and earthy...
and there is so much greens!!!

Yummy!!!

I can't compare the cronut here to Dominique Ansel Bakery (DAB) but I know they are very popular here as well.  I did visit DAB when I was in NYC last December but didn't wake up early enough (6:00 am in freezing cold NYC in December?  Are you joking?)  Based on my one-time visit with DAB, I think Wildflour Cafe + Bakery did an excellent job... Bonus points for zero wait time!  You can read more about my visit to DAB here.

IMG_6471
IMG_6428
IMG_6427
The sticky buns and apple pie were all waving at me...
IMG_6429
Focus!  I am here for the cronuts!!!
IMG_6430
ooo... but the canele looked so moist and delicious too...
IMG_6480
I got out of danger just in time and ordered the tres leche cronut
Since I know I am going to have cronut and get a sugar high, I opted for unsweetened earl grey tea
IMG_6479
look at the glaze!  Shiny!
IMG_6481
Flaky, crispy, delicious crust!
there was cream piped between the crust too...
but thankfully they were not too sweet.
(I have an aversion of crazily sweet desserts)
overall, I am very satisfied with this cronut :)

P.S. They actually took their cronut off the shelf since January 2014 since the other desserts need love too... NOOOOoooooo!!!  Hopefully, they will put it back on their menu soon!!!  I want my cronuts!!!


G/F The Podium
ADB Ave Wack Wack, Mandaluyong 
Tel: +63 (02) 571-8588
Hours: 8:00 am - 10:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...