Monday, March 3, 2014

ad hoc

Seems like this has been a strings of fried chicken posts lately~!  Oh well, this will be my past for now :)  Let me introduce to you ad hoc.  I was taken there by a friend when we visited Napa, California a few years ago. Although I love savory food, I normally prefer something lighter for breakfast / brunch.  Buttermilk fried chicken was definitely too heavy for me but I still have to admit, this was some very good fried chicken.

341

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  After all, ad hoc is owned by Thomas Keller, who also owned the famous (and coveted?) French Laundry.  Their menu rotates daily and I remembered my friend was ecstatic when we were told Fried Chicken was on the menu the day we went.

310
309

I loved the bright and elegant interior design of the restaurant.  Everything falls into place in the beautiful and relaxing environment in Napa.  

336
308
339
338
335
311

You might questioned:  it's been years since you were there, how can you remember?  I can tell you I can still remember the taste of that chicken when I look back at these pictures.  That's what pictures do for me.  I was organizing my old photos and there were things I have temporarily forgotten but was reminded the second I saw the picture.  I am sure you can relate to this too :)

316
The blueberry yogurt was tangy and the granola was fresh and crispy
313
317
315
The melons were poached and they were delightfully sweet!
321
As you can see, the chicken was very crispy.
It was seasoned perfectly, tender and juicy.
I probably would have finished it if I had this later in the day.
326
323
The waffles was chewy but the sweet and savory combination was just not my thing for brunch.
The maple syrup was delicious
324
I remember I was not a big fan of the spinach but I loved the potatoes.
The pecans add a nice touch to the dish as well.
334
As if we did not eat enough already, we were offered cookies and orange sorbet!
333
The sorbet was refreshing and welcomed after the heavy but delicious fried chicken
I remembered we had to get the cookies to go coz we just can't eat anymore!

6476 Washington Street Yountville, CA 94599 
Tel: +1 707-944-2487
Hours: Dinner 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm; 
           Sunday Brunch 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
(closed every Tuesday and Wednesday)

Ad Hoc on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...