Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Power Shell (蜆勁村 盧爸爸的私房菜)

I have wanted to try this restaurant ever since I read about it.  The location was the only thing that's kept me from going any sooner.  I finally went on my way to check out the Tai Po Farmers Market (大埔農墟), which turned out to be a huge disappointment.  I miss the real farmers markets!!!  I love the food but it's really far from the city.  (It's all the way in Tai Wo... -.-|||)

IMG_6007


We made a reservation via Facebook but we got there way ahead of our schedule so there wasn't even anyone else yet (who else would eat dinner at 5:30pm... -.-|||)  Usually, this place is packed!

IMG_5980
There are only 6 tables total inside so 15 people max?
I think they can add a few tables outside but reservation is critical here.
IMG_6008
The menu is not huge but it still gives a good variety.
However, the dad is the only chef here so you need to be patient.
If you hate waiting, go elsewhere.

Of everything we ordered, I am most impressed with the Steamed Scallops, Steamed Fish and Stir Fried Clams.  The scallops were HUGE and succulent.  The fish is a little too salty without rice but it's flavorful and delicious nonetheless.  However, I do agree with some bloggers that most of the dishes were too oily.

IMG_6009
O-M-G
IMG_6010
The scallops are HUGE!  It's bigger than the bowl!
IMG_5989
Steamed Fish in Black Bean Sauce
(豉汁蒸黃骨魚)
IMG_6011
The meat is so tender it falls off its bone!
Perfect with white rice
IMG_6012
Hairy crab was in season when I went (Nov. 2013)
Can't let that pass!
IMG_5996
it's a fatty!  yum!
IMG_5997
Their Signature Spiced Clams
(爸爸招牌炒蜆)
IMG_5999
It tastes different from my usual clams where its stir fried in black bean sauce.
I like this version better but it does get too oily towards the end.
Every clam is hand washed so you can eat and not worry about getting a dead clam (or sand)
You can tell how much effort went in to this dish.

Since there was only the 2 of us, we couldn't try many dishes so I look forward to return another time.  Next time, I will try their stir fry razor clam, ginger and scallion crab, and the Hakka style chicken.  I wonder if it's feasible to ask Lo baba to go easy on the oil and salt next time... :P

Papa Lo's  Power Shell (蜆勁村 盧爸爸的私房菜)
Shop 9A1, G/F, Block C, Greenery Plaza, 3 Chui Yi Street, Tai Po
大埔翠怡街3號翠怡花園C座地下9A1號鋪
Tel: +852 6828 0332
Hours: 12:00 pm - 00:00 am

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...