Saturday, January 18, 2014

Halloween Fun @ Ocean Park (2013)

Completing draft blog posts from last year is becoming like a "bring-down" event for me... LOL!!!  Hopefully I will have most travel related (i.e. time sensitive) posts uploaded before Chinese New Year...

Untitled


The Halloween event at Ocean Park has been on my "to do" list for a few years now.  You may say, just go!  Unfortunately, it's never that easy for me.  My obstacles includes friends that were easily scared and refused to pay to be scared / go altogether and me unable to be in Hong Kong during that time and this is just not something I wanted to go alone.  Finally the stars are aligned and I went in September 2013!  My friend got her hands on some complimentary tickets and we round up enough brave souls to go :)

Untitled

I may have said it before but Halloween is one of my favorite festivals.  I love the fact that I can dress and wear crazy make up and not be judged.  In fact, I would love to take some make up courses that will teach me the techniques on Halloween / theatrical make ups.  Maybe, I should just try to get a part time job with Ocean Park during Halloween next year!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
This guy just walked up straight to my lens and ask me to take a picture of him as is.
In retrospect, he is quite cute (dimples FTW!!!)
Untitled
and a great body too XD
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Our goal for the day is simple, check out the Halloween themed attractions.  We skipped a few of the non-scary ones.  Since I know everything is man-made, I wasn't scared a bit.  I was appreciating the special effects and the intricacies of the make up and costumes for the most part. XD  However, I can't say the same of my friends.  I took the lead on most of the attractions, so I could warn them of potential scare points (or add a few by fake scream along the say).  As a result, my arms were bruised and I even got a few scratches... -.-|||

Untitled
This was the first haunted house we went
maybe it was the worst, it was the best by consensus.
I purposefully didn't do any research so I can be surprised!
Untitled
This was in fact the only one where I screamed.
Untitled
supposedly the scariest but I think we were indifferent at this point :P

If haunted houses are not your thing, there are still things you can do and see~  Just look at these amazing carved pumpkins!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I had such a good experience I would definitely do it again next year! :)

Click here for more information on the 2013 Ocean Park Halloween Bash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...