Thursday, September 12, 2013

Australian Dairy Company (澳洲牛奶公司) and Nam Ping (南屏雅敍)

Australian Dairy Company (澳洲牛奶公司) is another restaurant that has been on my radar for quite some time.  It's like Hong Kong's version of Nam Ping (南屏雅敍), which is one of my favorite cafes (茶餐廳) in Macau.  I finally had the opportunity to try their delicious set meal (常餐).  The eggs were so smooth and creamy and the milk is rich!  (In other words, it was delicious!!!)

Untitled
The regular set comes with a glass of hot milk,
2 scrambled eggs / sunny side up and 2 slices of toast

If 南屏 is famous for its egg sandwich, 澳洲牛奶公司 is famous for its milk!  Everyone orders the same thing when they visit these cafes.  They exemplifies what I believe in all successful restaurants - You can survive today's market even if you only have one item on the menu, when this item is highly desirable by all your patrons!

Untitled
Originally, my friend and I only ordered a glass of milk and a bowl of steamed milk...
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Then, I notice it's only a few dollars more to switch mine into a set...
Even though we were going to meet up a friend for dinner in a few,
I decided to go for the set... haha~
Untitled
A standard menu for most Chinese cafe
but if you look around, most people order the set...

Last but not least, my favorite item from Nam Ping (南屏) is the Nam Ping Sandwich and a cup of milk tea.  (I have been trying to do a blog post on this place for a long time and now I found my opportunity!)  The picture below is actually not the items described :P  I couldn't find a picture of the Nam Ping Sandwich in my archives... it's probably devours within seconds when I got my order and hence the lack of photos... Anyhoo... the Nam Ping Sandwich is basically a thick egg sandwich with thick cut BBQ pork and thick cut ham in the middle... it's very fulfilling and you will keep coming back for more...

1289
1288

The only thing about these cafe is they don't expect you to sit around after you finish your food... hence, the wait time is short... (this is especially true at Australian Dairy Company...) and the service you get is very inconsistent (very true at Nam Ping).  Both are established cafes with a solid fan base.  They don't care if they lose a new customer or two for the most part.  Nam Ping is in fact the only restaurant that I know of which refused to let a celebrity food critic to film inside their restaurant.  Actually, I applaud their decision for doing that!

G/F, 47-49 Parkes Street, Jordan 
佐敦白加士街47-49號地下
Tel: +853 2730 1356
Hours: Friday to Wednesday: 7:30 am ~ 11:00 pm (Closed on Thursday)

新馬路十月初五街85-85A號地下
Tel: +853 2892 2267
Hours: Monday to Sunday: 6:30 am ~ 6:30 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...