Friday, August 23, 2013

Yung Kee Restaurant (鏞記酒家)

Yung Kee has been around for over half a century and is renowned for its roast goose.  It's listed in my friend's the Lonely Planet guide.  Although I heard the quality is not what it used to be, my friends and I decided to give it a try.

Trying out the popular restaurant in Central.I was hesitant coz people keep telling me it's a tourist trap.  I am glad to report the food wasn't too bad.

We ordered their famous preserved eggs and pickled ginger and roast goose.  The eggs are outstanding and the goose is delicious!

Untitled
Preserved Eggs and Pickled Ginger
Untitled
Roasted Goose

We also ordered other dishes to try and they are all above average.  Overall, I would say it lived up the hype and was better than I expected :)

Untitled
Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs of Pork
Untitled
Seasonal Vegetables
Untitled
Rice Wrapped in Lotus Leaf

Yung Kee Restaurant (鏞記酒家)
32-40 Wellington Street, Central, Hong Kong       
5 minutes walk from MTR Central Station (Exit D2)
Tel: +852 2522 1624
E-mail: info@yungkee.com.hk  
Business Hours: 11:00 am ~ 11:30 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...