Saturday, August 31, 2013

Paddington House of Pancakes (Macau)

Dinner #1 failed to satisfy our hungry stomach so we walked around to discover other dining options...  and we stumbled across Paddington House of Pancakes!  In fact, I passed by this place recently when I went for coffee at Terra Coffee House.  (By the way, this is a very good local coffee house!)

Untitled

Coincidentally, both of my friends have spotted this place (birds of the same feather...) and we decided to give it a try.  We found out this is actually a chain from Malaysia.  We even joked that we had IHOP in the States and now we have PHOP!

The design is young and modern.  It's also cozy and inviting.  We can't help but to like it.  Their food photographer did a fantastic job in making the food highly desirable.  However, they did put a disclaimer on the front page of the menu stating the pictures are "for reference" only...

Untitled
Untitled

I was a little disappointed when I was served a scoop of strawberry ice-cream instead of the traditional vanilla.  Not only strawberry was not in the picture in the menu, I just can't visualize pancakes with strawberry ice-cream... how could they?  (I don't think I could even do this in my wildest dream!)

Untitled
Big Treasure Box
Dollar pancakes with strawberries, lychee, banana, nuts, raisins, peaches, plum
(only when plums are in season), shredded coconut flakes & ice-cream

The caption reads "The dessert that launched a million smiles!"

Oh well, I couldn't smile at all when I saw that scoop of strawberry ice-cream.
fr_146_size640
How the dish looked like per the menu...

The pancake in the below pictures is supposed to be New York Cheese pancakes.  In the picture in the menu, there are cheese shavings on the pancake which made it look oh-so-tasty.  Reality is cruel.  Not only I can't see any of the cheese, I can't even taste any of it...

IMG_3996
New York cheese pancakes (cream cheese & digestive crumbs)
with grilled pineapple * ice cream

Clearly, my pineapple is NOT grilled.
Untitled
fr_147_size640
How the pancake is supposed to look like per the menu...

My friend asked me if I would come back for a second visit and I said I probably still would since #1 there is no other pancake restaurant in town, #2 I am just too lazy to make my own.  Nevertheless, I will have to be really desperate for pancakes to return...

Paddington House of Pancakes (Macau)
No 17-B, Calcada do Tronco Velho, Macau
Tel: +853 2893 9248
Hours: 10:30 am ~ 10:30 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...