Saturday, June 22, 2013

Woodberry Kitchen

As the total view count quietly went over 40,000, I realized I still got a lot to write on the Japan trip recap... will I ever catch up before my next trip?  I don't think so... Yet, I want to share with you one of my all-time favorite restaurant - Woodberry Kitchen.


230


I went there for my birthday a few years ago when I was on a business trip in Baltimore with my co-workers.  (I celebrated with my friends in Hong Kong this year... I might do a blog post about the trip later, if I ever get to it...)  It still amazes me how I spend my birthday every year and I thank my friends for making it special every time.

35568_449480880976_35453_n
Untitled
Untitled


The restaurant features seasonal foods from local growers, and dishes of the Chesapeake region.  This is a true fresh farm to table restaurant!  All dishes comes in relatively small plates which leaves you wanting for more!


Untitled
This is right across from the restaurant.
I think it's a loft apartment?  It would be lovely if I could live there.

The place used to be an old steel foundry, next to a glass blowing studio.  This adds an immediate chic and urban vibe to the place.  The high ceiling provides lots of light and an open atmosphere.  
246
traditional brick oven!!You know you can trust the pizza coming out from this oven.

The cocktails here are very good and the choices are plentiful.  Below are two of the cocktails I tried.


Untitled
Gov't Mule
VT organic vodka, ginger-lime syrup, housemade ginger beer, lime zest, copper mug

the server said "this is a guy's drink" and i said "ok, bring me one of that!"
I am so glad he said that since I have yet to have a cocktail that beats this one!
Untitled
Mint Julep
Not for the faint hearted, now this is a man's drink!
It's really, really strong!
249
Pickles and Olives
248
Deviled Eggs
Chipped ham, fish pepper, pickled asparagus
Creamy and delicious - evil!
Untitled
I love raw oysters but roasted oysters are even better!
247
Smoked Chicken Flatbread
Untitled
Braised Beef Flatbread
Green tomato sauce, caramelized onion,mint
Untitled
love that farm egg
Untitled
Pulled Pork Buns
The relish is quite delicious
Untitled
Tilghman Island Crab Pot
Lump crab, house quark, fish pepper, sherry, toasts
Untitled
French press
Untitled
Blackberry Pie
Untitled
Mixed Berries
280
Honey Cake
My favorite!



2010 Clipper Park Road, No. 126, Baltimore, MD 21211
Tel: +1 (410) 464-8000
Email: askus@woodberrykitchen.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WoodberryKitchen
Hours: Monday - Thursday 17:00 ~ 22:00; Friday & Saturday 17:00 ~ 23:00; Sunday 17:00 ~ 21:00; Saturday and Sunday Brunch 10:00 ~ 14:00

Woodberry Kitchen on Urbanspoon

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the restaurant and I paid for my own food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...