Thursday, June 13, 2013

Tofu Cheesecake

It's been a while since I posted any recipe.  In fact, it's been a while since I last cooked!  My friends called me the other day and say they were going to bake a tofu cheesecake.  When it comes to eating and drinking, I am always in :)

This recipe is so easy - all you need is an oven, an egg beater, a mold, and a scale.  Ingredients are few and you can get everything in one trip at any grocery store.  It's so tasty I finished a quarter of the cheesecake all by myself (in one afternoon too!) :S

Untitled
Tofu Cheesecake

Source: My friend, W

Untitled

Ingredients:

360g American Cream Cheese

Untitled

250g Soft Tofu

Untitled

135g Sugar

Untitled
I need to buy myself a scale

15g Cake Flour

Untitled
I think all purpose flour is fine too...

3 Medium Eggs

This is seriously the easiest cheesecakes I have made so far!  See my traditional cheesecake recipe here and pumpkin cheesecake recipe here.)

Directions:

Untitled
The setup

My friend said she loves to watch movies on the iPad while baking~

1.  Wrap the bottom of a 7" springform pan with parchment paper and oil the wall of the pan.

2.  Pre-heat the oven at 200'C.

3.  Beat the cream cheese and the sugar.  (Speed 2 - my friend's beater is pretty powerful so if yours is not, turn it up!)

Untitled

4.  Add eggs.  One at a time.  (Speed 1 - the slower speed is more ideal to incorporate the egg into the batter.)

Untitled

5.  Beat the tofu in a separate bowl until there is no more clump.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

6.  Add #5 to #4.

7.  Add the cake flour to #6.

Untitled

8.  Mix everything together using speed 2.

Untitled

9.  Pour #8 into #1.

Untitled
Untitled
Smooth out the surface

10.  Put #9 into a lined baking pan.  Fill the baking pan with tap water.

11.  Bake at 170'C for approximately 60 minutes (bottom heat only).  Check every 15-20 minutes and make sure there is always water in the baking pan.

Untitled

12.  (Optional)  Broil the cheesecake to brown.

Untitled

It tastes better cold so refrigerate the cheesecake for ~2 hours for the best flavor.  If you leave it overnight, somehow the tofu flavor evaporates.  My friend said she tried to adjust the recipe by adding more tofu for a more intense flavor but sadly, the cake didn't hold up.  If you have a better tofu cheesecake recipe, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...