This recipe is so easy - all you need is an oven, an egg beater, a mold, and a scale. Ingredients are few and you can get everything in one trip at any grocery store. It's so tasty I finished a quarter of the cheesecake all by myself (in one afternoon too!) :S
Source: My friend, W
360g American Cream Cheese
250g Soft Tofu
15g Cake Flour
|I think all purpose flour is fine too...|
3 Medium Eggs
This is seriously the easiest cheesecakes I have made so far! See my traditional cheesecake recipe here and pumpkin cheesecake recipe here.)
1. Wrap the bottom of a 7" springform pan with parchment paper and oil the wall of the pan.
2. Pre-heat the oven at 200'C.
3. Beat the cream cheese and the sugar. (Speed 2 - my friend's beater is pretty powerful so if yours is not, turn it up!)
4. Add eggs. One at a time. (Speed 1 - the slower speed is more ideal to incorporate the egg into the batter.)
5. Beat the tofu in a separate bowl until there is no more clump.
7. Add the cake flour to #6.
8. Mix everything together using speed 2.
9. Pour #8 into #1.
11. Bake at 170'C for approximately 60 minutes (bottom heat only). Check every 15-20 minutes and make sure there is always water in the baking pan.
12. (Optional) Broil the cheesecake to brown.
It tastes better cold so refrigerate the cheesecake for ~2 hours for the best flavor. If you leave it overnight, somehow the tofu flavor evaporates. My friend said she tried to adjust the recipe by adding more tofu for a more intense flavor but sadly, the cake didn't hold up. If you have a better tofu cheesecake recipe, please let me know!