Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mori Mori Sushi (もりもり寿し 近江町店)

Mori Mori Sushi (もりもり寿し) was the other restaurant we tried when we were in Kanazawa.  It's conveniently located within the Omicho market and has been in business since 2009.  (The flagship has been opened since 1992!)  You can't go wrong with an established sushi restaurant, especially in Japan.


Untitled
Originally, I thought that was the name of the restaurant.
I clearly misunderstood.
Untitled
Untitled
We arrived almost toward the end of lunch service so we were promptly seated.
No wait time for the win!
Untitled

Just like every other sushi restaurant with a "conveyor belt", you get what you want to eat.  Or, you could place a special order when you don't see what you want.  The quality of the fish here is outstanding, the portion is generous, and the choice is plenty  (see their menu here!).  I heart this place!

Untitled
真あじ / Jack Mackerel

I never liked aji until I tried it at Morimoto.
It was a revelation - I never knew aji could tastes so good!
Freshness is and I have been a convert ever since.
It's now a must order item for me every time I visit Japan (or any high end sushi restaurant)
Untitled
ずわいがに / Snow Crab

Crabs from the Notohantō (能登半島) are famous in the area.
I am not sure if this crab is from Noto but regardless, I have to try one!
Untitled
もりもり三点盛 / Mori Mori Combo

This is the #1 combo and well deserved.
A must-eat!
Untitled
ガスエビ / Shrimp

This shrimp is only available in this region in spring.
I have no resistance to seasonal items, more so when supply is so limited!.  
Untitled
江戸前こはだ / Edo-style Gizzard Shad

Since the aji was so good, I was feeling adventurous and tried the shad.
Delicious!
Untitled
うに / Sea Urchin

This appears to be a different type of uni compared to the special combo.
It's delicious nonetheless.
Untitled
はまち / Yellowtail (left)
マグロ赤身 
/ Lean Tuna (right)

I was beyond full at this point but I still wanted more.
This is a special request and the chef made an exception for me :)
Normally you would have to order 2 pcs of each.
Untitled
卵 / Sweet Eggs

This is my desserts.
Untitled
Their motto.
Untitled
Prices here are very reasonable.

Mori Mori Sushi (もりもり寿し 近江町店)

石川県金沢市青草町88(近江町市場内1F)

Tel: +81 076-262-7477
Hours: 10:00 - 21:00 (Last Order 20:45)

Disclaimer:  I am not affiliated with the restaurant and I paid for my own meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...