Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Afternoon Tea - The Terrace @ Pousada De São Tiago

I was recently asked to recommend a place for quality afternoon tea in Macau.  This was a tough question as I usually go to Hong Kong if I wanted a quality afternoon tea.  After searching my memory, Pousada De São Tiago came up... 
Pousada De São Tiago  was originally a fortress built by the Portuguese in the early 17th century to defend Macau against hostile European nations and local pirates, the Fortaleza de Barra was transformed into an enchanting Portuguese hotel known today.
I have not stayed at this hotel and I have only come for afternoon tea at the Terrace.  Nevertheless, I find the place very soothing and it's the first place I thought of if I wanted to go to somewhere quiet.  

(I have heard the hotel is very nice here too... I should have recommended this place to my friend when she asked me where she should stay...  maybe I should ask her if it's too late to change her reservation?)

Anyways, since a picture speaks a thousand words, here's some from my archives :)


516
517
573
519
The view is what I come for
521
528
531
Not the typical afternoon tea I am used to but no complaints as I prefer savory food.
532
533
534
540
549
563

Pousada De São Tiago 
Avenida da República, Fortaleza de São Tiago da Barra, Macau, China
Tel: +853 2837 8111

Disclaimer:  I am not affiliated and I paid for my own food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...