Friday, March 8, 2013

Old Shanghai Shi Hui Li (老上海食惠里)

I come here a lot but I never knew their name.  I looked it up for this post and realize their name sounds a lot like food poisoning in Cantonese (食惠裡 / 食壞你)... lolz?  Thank goodness I haven't been sick from eating here... yet...  Maybe that's why they are now more commonly known as Shanghai Gold Medal Pan-Fried Dumpling (上海金牌生煎包).

I borrowed this picture from dianping.com
the mainland version of Open Rice.
As you can tell from the picture above, it's a very modest establishment.  However, you can still tell this is a popular places from the crowd.  Every item on the menu is less than RMB20.  Below are items I order every time when I go.

Untitled
Pickled Black Fungus
Untitled
Pickled Cucumbers

Untitled
Pork Wonton

The shrimp won-ton is good.
Untitled
The Signature Pan-fried Dumplings
Soup Dumplings
上海金牌生煎包 (aka 老上海食惠里)
香洲区拱北口岸置地新天地B1B
0756-8151589

Disclaimer:  I am not affiliated and I paid for my food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...