Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Mr. Bing (老金煎餅)

Went to Hong Kong this past weekend for Namie Amuro's 20th Anniversary Concert (it was superb! Namie was only 20 steps away from me~~~~~) and met up with my travel mates for the upcoming Wuyuan trip.

We had lunch at Taco Loco in SoHo and I have to say, that was one of the worst meals I have had in a very, very long time.  It's nothing like the beef tacos I am used to.  The meat was dry and bland.  The tortilla chips taste like stale Doritos.  Even Toxic Cow's (aka Taco Bell) tacos taste better.  My friend jokes that bad food exists so that I can appreciate good food... okay... :S

Needless to say, I was hungry after this unsatisfying lunch.  Thus, I stopped by Mr. Bing and got myself a Peking Duck Bing.  Bing is just like a Chinese-style burrito and I am glad that it taste a lot better than the taco.  Remember to tell your server if you want one of the specialty flour and/or youtiao!

Untitled
Mr. Bing is located at the corner of Wellington and Cochrane Street
It's easy to miss if you are not paying attention.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
I actually find it interesting that none of the servers speak Chinese.
But then again, the owner is American too.
Untitled
Their logo is so cute!
Untitled
My purple rice flour Peking Duck Bing!  Yummy!!

Mr. Bing (老金煎餅)
G/F, 83 Wellington St, Central, Hong Kong
(entrance on Cochrane St, right under the escalator)
中環威靈頓街83號地下(入口在閣麟街口,行人電梯下)
Tel: +852 2568 8248
Hours:  Mon-Fri 8:30 - 22:00; Sat 10:30 - 22:00; Sun 10:30 - 21:00

Disclaimer:  I am not affiliated and I paid for my own food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...