Wednesday, February 27, 2013

J King Ishokuya (日皇居食屋)

This place has been around for quite some time now but I was always hesitant to try.  I have grouped it with the likes of Shushimitei (鮨味亭) and Toei Delights (東瀛十八番).  I am not saying that these places ain't good but it's not the same as going to Japanese restaurants in Japan (or even Hong Kong).  (Side note: on Shushimitei, I actually prefer the Hoi Fu Branch over the flagship for a change... hehe...)

Untitled
Mango Scallop Salad

The concept of Japanese food in Macau is very different from that of Japan.  For instance, if you go to a tempura restaurant in Japan, you will not see anything else but tempura on the menu.  You won't even dare to ask the chef if they serve sushi.  If you go to a Japanese restaurant in Macau (e.g. Altira's Tenmasa), you will still be able to order sushi off the menu.

With that said, as long as you are not a die hard Japanese culture fanatic and only eat at authentic Japanese restaurants, this place is good.  Everything is fresh and delicious and it's affordable.  (I vaguely remember it averaged out to less than MOP$200 per person.)

a very delicious sashimi platter!  very fresh!很好吃的刺身拼盤!非常新鮮!
Sashimi Platter (medium)
good variety, fresh and delicious!
Untitled
我不愛生牡丹蝦頭,不過喜歡吃炸過的。這個很合我心~I don't like to eat raw botan shrimp head but I like them fried.  This restaurant fried them here :)
I don't eat raw botan shrimp head but I eat it when it's fried.
This restaurant fried them here :)
Untitled
"Flower of Love"
Untitled
Salmon Roll
Untitled
Shrimp Tempura Roll
Untitled
Dragon Roll
Untitled
Mixed Tempura
Untitled
Fried Chicken Nuggets
Untitled
Grilled Steak with Fried Garlic
Untitled
Grilled Lamb Chops
Untitled
Grilled Herring
Untitled
Tonkatsu Ramen
Untitled
Curry Tonkatsu with Rice
Untitled
Grilled Mixed Vegetables

J King Ishokuya (日皇居食屋)
澳門賈伯樂提督街56D號世紀豪庭地下
Tel: +853 28529983
Hours: Monday 11:30 - 14:30 / 18:00-23:00; Tuesday-Sunday 11:30 - 14:30 / 18:00 - 02:00

Disclaimer:  I am not affiliated with the restaurant and I paid for my own meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...