Thursday, February 7, 2013

Cheuk Yan Restaurant (卓仁菜館)

Cheuk Yan Restaurant (卓仁菜館) is another local gem hidden under its modest decor and humble residential corner.  I love going there for family gatherings.  In fact, I just went there last night for a family reunion dinner (團年飯)!

Untitled


The restaurant has a budget friendly menu and the dishes served are traditional and delicious.  An excellent place to visit if you want something casual, local, and cheap.

Untitled

My must eat everytime are the Steamed Eel in Soy Sauce (豉汁蒸風鱔) and the Sweet and Sour Pork (生炒骨).  I heard the Ginger Chicken (沙薑雞) is fantastic here as well but I have yet to try!

Steamed Eel in Soy Sauce 豉汁蒸風鱔
Sweet and Sour Pork 生炒骨
Other dishes I have tried~  Overall, the quality is very consistent and I have yet to eat a dish that I did not enjoy!  The restaurant mainly serves locals (街坊) so everyone sort of knows everyone.  Another characteristic feature of this restaurant is the "writings on the wall".  The owner is a literati and he had his calligraphy collection hung on the walls.  It was an interesting sight when my mom and uncle were trying to read the words out loud and the owner chimed in and explained what was written!

Pan Fried Stuffed Vegetables 煎鑲三寶
Fried Bombay Duck with Sichuan Pepper 椒鹽九肚
Sizzling Chicken in Stone Pot 啫啫雞煲
Untitled
Lemon Chicken 西檸雞
Egg White Beef Soup 蛋白牛肉羹

Cheuk Yan Restaurant (卓仁菜館)
澳門沙嘉都喇賈罷麗街43號金輪大廈(第一座)地下
Tel: (853) 28522088

Disclaimer:  I am not affiliated and I paid for my own food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...