Thursday, January 3, 2013

Robuchon a Galera

I just realized I never wrote a blog post on Robuchon a Galera.  I went there a little over a year ago with my friend before it moved.  It's now moved and renamed to Robuchon au Dôme.  It's the only restaurant in Macau that's awarded the prestigious Michelin's three stars.

030


Thinking back, I think I wore the same dress I went to L'atelier de Joël Robuchon!  Maybe I will make it my Michelin restaurant dress... LOL!!

Since it's been a while, I don't think I could recall exactly what everything taste like (other than it was delicious...) so bear with me!  My friend and I each had a 3-course lunch.

Untitled

The bread basket was memorable... again, I was half full already by the delicious bread before any of the rest of my meal showed up.  Some of the bread is also served at the other restaurants in Lisboa.
 
004

We started off with the amuse bouche, which was an apple jelly functioned as a palate cleanser.  It was refreshing and I remembered I liked it a lot.

008

For appetizer, I had the fresh crab meat in a cold sweet and sour turnip ravioli, flavored with nutmeg and rosemary.  

009

My friend had the shaved foie gras and French beans salad with fresh figs and Parmesan cream.  

011

For main course, I had the pan-seared scallops with endives and kumquat broth.  I don't usually order scallops at restaurants due to numerous bad experiences in the past but I am glad I did.  The scallops at Robuchon was tasty and cooked perfectly.

017

My friend had the sea bass fillet slowly grilled with marinated zucchini, egg plant puree and basil cream.

018

We were allowed to choose up to three desserts from the dessert trolley and it was a torture... how could anyone only want three desserts from that amazing trolley?

022

My friend told me their mille-feuille (aka the napoleon) is a MUST eat.  Her words )paraphrased in my mind) were "you will die in regret if you never tried this".  Okay... okay... It was obviously very good and well-deserved the "must eat or die" category.  I also loved the pear tart and the orange ice cream.  

023

024

A gauge of how I know I really liked something - if I could remember what I ate, where I ate, and how it tastes, without photos.  And that's how I remembered Robuchon's bread and desserts from that meal (especially the napoleon and the pear tart).

Finally, we finished off the meal with coffee and tea and a plate of petit fours. I still remembered I was still shocked with the number of pots provided for our coffee and tea... hehe~

027

028

I think a meal at Robuchon au Dôme is due soon... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...