Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cakez Cafe

If you didn't want to travel all the way to Taipa for KAFKA or if you are tired of afternoon teas at hotels, Cakez Cafe is a good choice.  Opened in April 2012, their cakes are less delicate compared to KAFKA's (in my opinion) but they are equally tasty.  They also offered a tea set for MOP178 +10% (includes 2 drinks) but it's only available on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.

new dig

However, there is still the formidable queue.  Except for my first vist, where the wait time was only 30 minutes, all my subsequent visits have only been attempts... I am just unwilling to spend so much time waiting.  You could get a queue ticket and wait for their staff to call you... They called me but it was 90 minutes later and I was already at another coffee shop.  (Reservation is only available from Monday to Thursday.)

So let's talk about the tea set.  It's non-traditional - no scone, no jam, no clotted cream, not even a cup of earl grey.  It also changes frequently.  The star of the set is the napoleon.  It's small but it's comparable to the one from Robuchon.  Everything else was not as memorable.  I also wish they have more selection on drinks (gimme my earl grey~~~).

Untitled
the napoleon is really good
a must try!
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
these were good
Untitled
raspberry tea...
I prefer earl grey but...
We also ordered their penne and a strawberry tart.  The tart was tasty. 

Untitled
Untitled

Again, don't expect five-star services (you can't even expect that in five-star hotels these days) but it's a local shop that I will return if I don't have to wait (dream on).

Cakez Cafe
哪咤廟斜巷,老饕巷,柏程苑地下鋪
Tel: +853 2835 5968
Open 1:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Close every Tuesday
Find them on Facebook

Disclaimer:  One of my classmates is one of the owners there but I paid full price for my food and she didn't know I am blogging on her shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...