Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Traveling Solo - Japan (11)

Merry Christmas everyone!!!  I had a fantastic holiday in Hong Kong visiting some friends.

Thank you, Mr. Haru Tajima and Mr. Koji Yamaguchi for mentioning me on your website again.  You can see their post here.  Wow, two features in one month... I am flattered...

This is my last post on this trip.  Hope you enjoyed reading it~  

Day 9 - Woke up early enough to go for one last soak at the outdoor onsen after breakfast.  Good timing too since I was the only one there and had the whole place to myself.

Untitled
breakfast is buffet style and the selection is good
(I only picked up what I eat)
Untitled
you can even grilled your own fish!
Untitled
I love natto!
Untitled
outdoor onsen - all mine~~~
Untitled
you can see the ocean from there

Checked out but left my bags with the hotel and headed off to Shirahama beach.  GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS BEACH!  The water is turquoise and the sand is white.  It was so clean - not only there is no trash, there isn't any washed up seaweed or shells either.  I wonder how much effort is put into keeping the beach clean.

It was a little chilly and the water is cold but it was absolutely perfect (except for a screaming little girl).  It even topped Albany's Little Beach and Rottnest Island's Little Salmon Bay (both in Western Australia) in my book.  No wonder it's widely known as one of the most beautiful beaches in Japan.

Untitled
Shirahama beach - gorgeous!
Untitled
the water is so clear
067
097
no trash at all~~~

Made my way slowly to saki-no-yu for another outdoor onsen soak.  Saki-no-yu is right next to the ocean so it's really interesting to be facing and hearing the ocean while soaking in hot, soothing water.  In fact, it's still a mystery where the onsen water came from in Shirahama as there is no volcano nearby.

Untitled
105
Untitled
Untitled
JPY100 yen for a locker with locked
there are shelves inside too but not locked... use at your own risk!
Untitled
Japan's oldest - Saki-no-yu
165
loved it!!!
169

Collected my bags and headed to the Tore Tore Ichiba for lunch.  Tore Tore Ichiba is one of the largest seafood markets in the Kansai region.  I had a kaisen don (seafood rice) and grilled scallops - fresh and delicious!  There is also a wide variety of seafood and Nankou Plum for sale.  (If you didn't know, the Wakayama prefecture is famous for plums.)

172
Untitled
mandarin stalls - guess the fruit is in season
111
Untitled
171
from another shop - I wish I can eat them all...

Untitled
this is plum flavored tea, compliments from the hotel
Untitled
Untitled
the black bottle is good
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
oh myyyy....
Finally, it's time to head to the airport...  can't leave without another sushi dinner, right?  I definitely had a great time this trip and can't wait to return!

108
waiting to transfer
109
sunset from the train
Untitled
uni
Untitled
butan ebi
Untitled
natto
Untitled
crab meat and crab roe
Untitled
tuna cheek
Untitled
some kind of whelk
Untitled
tuna
Untitled
shopping~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Natoo lover here, too. :) I heard this is good source of vitamin K2, is that true?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is true. It also has other health benefits as well~ The following post summarized it nicely!

      http://kimonobox.com/post/en/3858/natto-10-medical-benefits/

      I think I need to go on a natto diet after all the holiday feasting!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...