Monday, August 15, 2011

Brie & Prosciutto Sandwich

I remember one year in training there was this question - what's your favorite chain restaurant?

Other than Einstein Brothers (Nova Lox!) and McDonalds (yes... really... nobody makes a better Sausage McMuffin... yet...), Vino Volo is probably one of my favorite airport chains.  I love their tasting flights and I especially love their Brie & Prosciutto Sandwich.  It's such an easy sandwich to make at home too I literally bought the ingredients as listed per the menu and made a few changes.  (it definitely won't cost you $11 per sandwich)

Brie & Prosciutto Sandwich
Warmed brie, Italian prosciutto and fresh greens with fig jam


Instead of the cabatta bread, I used a crossiant (Costco has the best), President brie, imported proscuitto de parma (you HAVE to splurge on this one), arugala, and fig jam preserve.  Slice the crossiant, put 2 slices of brie on top, microwave for 30 seconds, add a few slice (I used 1.5 slice to be exact) of the proscuitto, some arugala and 1 teaspoon of the fig jam and wala - done.  Took less than 5 mins total... delicious and yes, very fattening... but it's yummy... and it's all that matters...

Variation - put smoked salmon, diced purple onions, capers and warmed brie - just as delicious! 

As I was eating away my yummy sandwich and sipping a glass of Il Raggio del Sole, I keep thinking if my backpacking trip went as planned next year, I shall be enjoying this delicious sandwich somewhere in Europe with a class of muscato... /drool

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...