Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Strawberry Jam

Strawberries were on sale at my local groceries store... $0.99 a pound... can't resist... Instead of just eating all of them fresh (even I can only eat so much strawberries at one time...), I made some of them into strawberry jam.  The only thing that remotely resembles jam I made in the past was cranberry sauce and that was really good... I should post the recipe some other time... (maybe this Thanksgiving?)


Anyways, this recipe was ridiculously easy... I made modifications to the source recipe based on what I have on hand.  If this turn out yummy (which I know it will), I don't know if I will buy jam anymore... (I still got blueberries in the fridge, also $0.99 but only 6oz)

Ingredients:
1/2 lb  fresh strawberries
1 cup sugar
1 lime

Directions:
1.  Crush strawberries in bowl.
2.  In a heavy bottomed saucepan, mix together the strawberries, sugar, and lime juice.
3.  Stir over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
4.  Increase heat to high, and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil. Stirring often.
5.  Transfer to hot sterile jars, leaving 1/4 to 1/2 inch headspace, and seal.
(Optional)  Process in a water bath. If the jam is going to be eaten right away, don't bother with processing, and just refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...