Sunday, September 5, 2010

Homemade Guacamole

I was down in San Antonio for work this past week and one evening we went to have dinner at Boudro's on the riverwalk.  The food is awesome and I have been craving fresh guacamole ever since... it is not hard to make at all and it is so yummy!  (although the prep works took longer than I thought... those cursed peppers...)


Sorry I don't have a fancy salsa / guacamole bowl for presentation... but who cares!! it's the taste that matters...


Ingredients:
1/2 lime
1/4 orange
1 tsp salt
1 avocado
2 tbsp of diced fire roasted yellow and red bell peppers
2 tbsp of chopped onions
2 tbsp of chopped cilantro

*Obviously you are not going to go through all the trouble just to get 2 tbsp of everything... just store the peppers, onions, and cilantro separately and add avocado when you feel like having a fresh bowl of guacamole.

I actually bought 2 red and 2 yellow bell peppers, roast them while I was chopping everything else (3 small white onions, purple taste better but white is all I have at home, and 1 bunch of cilantro).  When the peppers are backened on the outside, I just peeled the skin off, took the seed out and diced them...

Directions:
1.  Squeeze lime and orange.  Add salt.
2.  Spoon out the avocado and casually dice it into bite size.
3.  Add peppers, onions, and cilantro. 
4.  Mix and serve.

*If you want more of anything, do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...